With the insight and wisdom of their 30-year marriage, their business partnership, and combined 40 years as marriage therapists, Phil and Sue Robison bring their clients the knowledge and skills to create a synergistic blending of their work and personal lives.
For business couples:
The Robisons' expertise as researchers, therapists, and business owners show how to make the business couple lifestyle choice profitable, productive, and fun
You are a business couple if you:
- Own a business together as couple entrepreneurs;
- Own a business as a sole proprietor and a staff spouse;
- Share an office which houses different businesses;
- Own a franchise;
- Own property, real estate, or investments together;
- Work in the same field;
- Work in different fields but advise and support each other's career development.
CoupleBiz provides seminars, keynotes, and one-on-two business consultations designed for couples who want to:
- Work less while maximizing the synergy of prosperous work and extraordinary marriages;
- Add pleasure, leisure, and relationship time through life planning and decision skills for both the business and the personal relationships;
- Quickly negotiate the inevitable conflicts of working and living with a partner while preventing stress spillover from the business to the marriage and from the marriage to the business;
- Decrease role confusion and needless power struggles by communicating with clarity and understanding;
- Work and play from a sense of shared vision while maintaining individuality.
Your work success and relationship satisfaction can nourish or compete with each other. Business couples apply a magnifying glass to their relationships. There they see the agony and the ecstasy, the worst and the best, of both their marriage and business relationships.
As the only husband-wife psychologist team consulting to business couples, the Drs. Robison are dynamic presenters who offer practical, research-driven, and concrete solutions to the special challenges of couples who are partners in both work and love. Phil and Susan provide individual consultations, talks/seminars, and learning resources such as tapes, articles, manuals and a website. Their seminars and consultations combine their research on Extraordinary Marriages with humorous examples and practical advice to show couples how to work better together. Through practical accountability tools from their CoupleBiz Life Management System such as the Marital Sit-down and the Task Tracking System, clients learn to manage conflict and to clarify role expectations.
Typical comments from CoupleBiz clients and seminar participants:
- Presenters are passionate and knowledgeable on the topic of people creating better relationships.
- Warm and caring attitude; the presenters were genuinely interested in helping the audience.
- Practical exercises helped us focus on our own situation -- they were great to take home and do.
- Relaxed atmosphere with no pressure;
- Covered a broad range of content with a richness of ideas;
- Well-organized research-based information clearly presented with a good flow and pace;
- Great follow-up reading suggestions;
- Well-structured, concise, easy to follow;
- Great interplay between presenters. They obviously respect each other and the audience and are open to other's opinions.
- Wise use of humor;
- Their sharing of personal experiences and concrete life examples related the content to real life problems. They gave loads of practical tips and good advice.
- Their well-defined explanations were devoid of technical terms and full of good common sense.
SECRETS OF COUPLES WORKING SUCCESSFULLY TOGETHER
Designed for business couples, this workshop is full of practical how-to tips on how to make your business and marriage relationships profitable, productive, and fun.
THE ART OF BLENDING WORK AND HOME
This workshop/keynote is for any audience of people wanting to combine prosperous work lives and extraordinary marriages. Find out why trying to balance home and work is not effective. Discover techniques for blending a successful and satisfying work and home life.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AT WORK AND HOME
End your confusion about emotions and what to do with them. Everyone can master the tools and skills to regulate emotions. Learn guidelines for when to communicate emotions and how to express them effectively.
SECRETS OF EXTRAORDINARY MARRIAGES
Did you ever notice how some couples struggle with their marriages and even falter while others seem to get happier over the years? In this program you will discover the traits and skills of couples with outstanding marriages. Apply this information to make your ordinary marriage extraordinary.